Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Chief stripped, humiliated for disrespecting Oba of Benin [VIDEO]
- Buhari to work from home even after resumption
- Biafra? Ojukwu and I agreed Nigeria ‘must remain one and united’ – Buhari
- Buhari’s welcome speech failed to address ‘critical’ national issues – SDP
- President Buhari’s Broadcast Unifying – PPA
President Muhammadu Buhari has requested the Senate to confirm nominees into positions of Chairman, Executive Commissioner, and Non-Executive Commissioners of Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).
Mr Femi Adesina, the president’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, said Buhari made the request through a letter dated Aug. 2, sent to President of the Senate, Abubakar Bukola Saraki.
The statement said Sen. Olabiyi Durojaiye (South West) was nominated as Chairman, while Mr Sunday Dare (South West) got the nod as Executive Commissioner, Stakeholders Management.
Those nominated as Non-Executive Commissioners, according to the statement, are Aliyu Sa’idu Abubakar (North East), Clement Omeiza Baiye (North Central), Chief Okoi Ofem Obono Obla (South South), Pastor Ezekiel Yissa (North Central) and Sen. Ifeanyi Ararume (South East).
“The nominations are in accordance with Section 8(1) of the Nigerian Communications Commission Act 2003,’’ the statement said.(NAN)