- ticket title
- Lagos Police uncover child trafficking camp in Lagos
- Nnamdi Kanu’s mysterious disappearance poses troubling questions
- Boko Haram: Army chief, Buratai sends strong warning to insurgents
- We’ll soon completely decimate Boko Haram, militants in N-Delta — CAS
- End erratic power supply in 2018 – Group tells Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has requested the Senate to confirm nominees into positions of Chairman, Executive Commissioner, and Non-Executive Commissioners of Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).
Mr Femi Adesina, the president’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, said Buhari made the request through a letter dated Aug. 2, sent to President of the Senate, Abubakar Bukola Saraki.
The statement said Sen. Olabiyi Durojaiye (South West) was nominated as Chairman, while Mr Sunday Dare (South West) got the nod as Executive Commissioner, Stakeholders Management.
Those nominated as Non-Executive Commissioners, according to the statement, are Aliyu Sa’idu Abubakar (North East), Clement Omeiza Baiye (North Central), Chief Okoi Ofem Obono Obla (South South), Pastor Ezekiel Yissa (North Central) and Sen. Ifeanyi Ararume (South East).
“The nominations are in accordance with Section 8(1) of the Nigerian Communications Commission Act 2003,’’ the statement said.(NAN)