Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Alleged certificate forgery: More trouble for Dino Melaye as FG begins investigation
- Caution your appointees now before they destroy our democracy, Fayose warns Buhari
- Governor Ortom names ex-aide as mastermind of Benue killings
- Buhari’s men in more troubles as Senate uncovers e-passport scam
- It is not depression, Ifa priests give real reason why Dr Allwell Orji jumped into Lagos Lagoon
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday signed eight bills into law.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Ita Enang, briefed State House correspondents at the end of the ceremony.
The new Acts, according to him, included National Judicial Institute Amendment Act 2016, Advertising Practitioners Registration Amendment Act 2016, Utilities Charges Commission Amendment Act 2016 and Quality Surveyors Registration Amendment Act 2016.
Others are Small and Medium Scale Industries Development Agency Amendment Act 2016, Treaty to Establish African Economic Community Relating to Pan African Parliament (Accession and Jurisdiction) Amendment Act 2016, University of Abuja Amendment Act 2016 and Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers Amendment Act 2016.
He said: “These are bills transmitted to the President, having been assented to by Mr. President and have become Acts and Laws enforceable in Nigeria.
“I used this medium to commend the National Assembly for the industry and dexterity they have shown and the concentration on the core functions of the legislature because compared to times like this in previous parliaments, I think this is the highest number of bills passed by any single parliament within its one year and six months.’’
Learn How to Design a Website/Blog in 3 Days