Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- JUST IN: Buhari’s aide exposes Senate again, reveals how legislators push civil servants into corruption
- Buhari practices the worst form of corruption, says Reno Omokri
- My reputation is at stake, I’ll resign if Abuja Airport repair exceeds 6 weeks – Minister
- Melaye sings to shame his ‘enemies’ after ABU VC testified over certificate scandal (Video)
- APC governor diverts N500 million from Paris-club loan refund to re-pay personal loan
The Oodua Progressive Union (OPU) has urged the federal government to re-introduce History and Yoruba language in primary and secondary school curriculum and also inclusion as option of History and Yoruba in tertiary institution.
OPU members agreed that every OPU member is an ambassador of Yoruba Race, a culture that must reflect in their acts, deeds and views ad it agreed to promote the value, culture, norms and heritage of Yoruba Race wherever and whenever they are.
The group made this known in a communiqué issued at the end of its 3rd world congress held in Oyo town, Oyo state.
The Congress specifically commended the two most prominent Oba in Yoruba land, His Imperial Majesty, Oba Lamidi Atanda Olayiwola Adeyemi 111 (Alaafin of Oyo), His Imperial Majesty, Oba Babatunde Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi (Ojaja 11, Oni of Ife) and other traditional rulers for exposing the members to the intrinsic value of Yoruba Race.
It also agreed that the Oodua flag should be adopted by all members while OPC anthem was adopted for OPU pending the composition of OPU anthem, which will be posted on OPU Whatsapp platform for adoption and approval.
It agreed that there shall be Oodua House to be established in all the OPU countries.
The OPU commended OPC for their unrelenting efforts in support and preparing the ground for the epoch making 3rd World Congress.
The Congress agreed that His Royal Highness, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo (Alake of Egba Land) will be hosting the next OPU World Congress in the year 2018 in Abeokuta, Ogun State.
OPU also agreed that the World Congress for 2019 and 2020 be held in Akure, Ondo state and Ekiti, Ekiti state respectively.