- ticket title
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
- Oyo Police Parade Serial Burglar, Robbers And Kidnappers (photos)
- Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku’s Intels – NPA
- Osinbajo Denies Approving NNPC Contracts
- IPOB: Lethal Weapons Recovered From Kanu’s Residence
– The House of Representatives has ordered the immediate probe of the office of the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo
– The House accused Osinbajo of allegedly politicising the federal government’s social intervention scheme
– The motion was sponsored by Honourable Mark Gbillah
The House of Representatives on Wednesday, March 8 ordered the immediate probe of the office of the Acting President Yemi Osinbajo.
Adopting the motion sponsored by Honourabe Mark Gbillah from Benue state, the lawmakers also ordered the ministry of finance, headed by Mrs Kemi Adeosun and that of budget and national planning, headed by Udoma Udo Udoma to be probed.
Also to be investigated are state coordinators and stakeholders involved in managing the scheme.
The House committees on finance and poverty alleviation was mandated to ascertain the method of identification and selection of beneficiaries, alleged non-involvement of critical stakeholders and a confirmation of the identities of beneficiaries of the scheme.
The House urged the committee to report back its findings within four weeks.
Gbillah alleged that the decision to cede the scheme’s implementation had resulted in the nomination of beneficiaries who were loyal party members and some state governments.
He said that that decision had excluded other people who were genuinely in need of the intervention.
The projects involved in the social intervention schemes are Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT), Homegrown School Feeding Programme, Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP) and the N-Power.
According to the lawmaker, the criteria used in identifying and selecting the beneficiaries had political undertones, adding that it was important to protect the interests of all Nigerians, irrespective of their party affiliation.
Similarly, the House has mandated its committee on information technology and finance to investigate the alleged withdrawal of N1billion from the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA)’s accounts, based on Adeosun’s directives.
Meanwhile, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara has praised Osinbajo for demonstrating exceptional capacity, humility and patriotism in handling the affairs of state.
Dogara made the comment in a congratulatory message to mark Osinbajo’s 60 years birthday anniversary.