- ticket title
- Many killed as police, miners clash in Taraba
- Wike’s like one of my sons – Amaechi
- Buhari’s Overseas Medicare Shows Inequality In Nigeria – Falana Says
- Boko Haram Supremacy Battle – Shekau Loses Grounds to Albarnawi Faction
- 2019: I have no intention of replacing Osinabajo as Buhari’s running mate
– Two people have died in a fatal auto crash that happened on Sunday evening at Gada-Biyu village on the Abuja-Lokoja expressway
– The driver of a car was said to have been on high speed during a heavy downpour when he lost control of the car
Two people have lost their lives in a fatal auto crash that happened on Sunday evening at Gada-Biyu village on the Abuja Lokoja expressway.
Daily Trust reports that the accident happened at about 4:00p.m. when a Toyota Corolla car rammed into a trailer.
The driver, who was speeding during a heavy downpour, lost control of the car, veered off his lane and rammed into the back of a parked truck.
According to an eyewitness, the driver and the passenger next to him were trapped, adding that some villagers and rescue operation helped in removing and taking them to the hospital.
He said sympathizers struggled and effectually removed the trapped victims from the wrecked car and put them into another vehicle.
He added that they died a few hours later at Kwali General Hospital where they were taken for treatment.
Meanwhile, as the rescue operation was going on, the rescuers narrowly escaped death as an unmarked tanker, which apparently had brake failure, knocked down two of them, injuring them severely.
Those injured, a man and a woman were taken on a motorcycle to a nearby hospital for treatment.
When contacted, the Yangoji unit head of operations of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Amadi CO, confirmed the incident.
In a related development, about 15 persons have been injured after a truck crashed into electric poles on Monday, October 4 in Abia state.
The tragedy occurred after the heavy duty truck which was heading to Akwa Ibom state, crashed into three poles, leaving two tricycle riders and their passengers severely injured.