- ticket title
- Boko Haram Supremacy Battle – Shekau Loses Grounds to Albarnawi Faction
- 2019: I have no intention of replacing Osinabajo as Buhari’s running mate
- PDP Convention: Is the game already over for the party?
- APC running a broken government – Secondus
- Govt agencies should patronise made in Nigeria vehicles – Senate
Mrityunjay Das, a seven-month old baby whose family was shunned by locals due to his bizzare condition, has undergone successful surgery.
A boy from Ranpur, Nayagarhsince in India, had the largest head in the world because of hydrocephalus — an abnormal accumulation of fluid within the brain.
The child’s skull was reduced by from 96cm to 70cm and relieved of nearly four litres of fluid over six weeks of intense and complex treatment.
Following the life-changing operation Mrityunjay parents Kamalesh Das and Kavita, said: “People would call our baby a ghost because of his unusual appearance.
As his head reduces to a normal size, the attitude of our neighbours and villagers will change.
They will stop calling him derogatory names like giant head or ghost baby.” About one to two per 1,000 newborns have hydrocephalus.
It is typically treated by the surgical placement of a shunt system. Outcomes are variable; however, many live normal lives. Without treatment death may occur. See photos below;