Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- The Senate And Theft Of Nigerian Voices By Erasmus Ikhide
- We Are All Biafrans By OurMumuDonDo Movement
- Nnamdi Kanu Brainwashed My Brother; Says Man Whose Relation Was Killed In Clash
- APC to field professors in Enugu local council polls
- 70-yr-old man with 3 wives, 14 children arrested for defiling 7-yr-old orphan for 4 years
The Nigerian Senate’s ad-hoc committee on the Humanitarian crisis in the North East has indicted the secretary to the state government Babachir Lawal on handing out of fraudulent contracts in the IDP camps in the northeast.
Chairman of the committee Senator Shehu Sani, while presenting the committee’s interim report, revealed that the Presidential Initiative on the North East (PINE) approved contracts for projects that were not directly related to the plight of the IDPs.
Senator Sani noted that many millions of naira went into contracts that were not of any use to the IDPs. He also noted that many contracts were also inflated for inexplicable reasons.
Copies of the report seen by NAIJ.com indicted the PINE under Babachir’s leadership of profiting from the misery of the people displaced by Boko Haram insurgents.
The senators have called for Babachir’s resignation.
Leading this group are Senators Dino Melaye of Kogi and Solomon Adeola of Lagos.