Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Igbos are being marginalized and this is evidence – Reno Omokri
- Osinbajo sends POWERFUL message to Jonathan’s former godfather on his 90th birthday
- See how Obasanjo, Osinbajo, others attended the #Biafra50 event in Abuja (photos)
- List of TOP 10 coldest countries in the world
- Sad! Lady who wedded in 2016 and foresaw her death in January 2017 finally DIES (photos)
The Nigerian Senate’s ad-hoc committee on the Humanitarian crisis in the North East has indicted the secretary to the state government Babachir Lawal on handing out of fraudulent contracts in the IDP camps in the northeast.
Chairman of the committee Senator Shehu Sani, while presenting the committee’s interim report, revealed that the Presidential Initiative on the North East (PINE) approved contracts for projects that were not directly related to the plight of the IDPs.
Senator Sani noted that many millions of naira went into contracts that were not of any use to the IDPs. He also noted that many contracts were also inflated for inexplicable reasons.
Copies of the report seen by NAIJ.com indicted the PINE under Babachir’s leadership of profiting from the misery of the people displaced by Boko Haram insurgents.
The senators have called for Babachir’s resignation.
Leading this group are Senators Dino Melaye of Kogi and Solomon Adeola of Lagos.