Thursday, 21/9/2017 | 12:22 UTC+0
LATEST NAIJA NEWS – Nigeria News  | Breaking News | Today News
Need Website design
Do you need a website for your business?

SHOCKING: More than 100 Chibok girls decide to stay with Boko Haram

released-chibok-girls

– The chairman of the Chibok development association, Pogu Bitrus has made some revelations about some of the Chibok girls abducted by Boko Haram insurgents

– He said some of the girls are embarrassed to return home because they were forced to marry extremists

– He said the girls were used as domestic workers and porters but were not sexually abused

Some of the kidnapped Chibok girls are embarrassed to return home because they were forced to marry extremists.

The chairman of the Chibok development association, Pogu Bitrus, has disclosed that more than 100 of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls are unwilling to leave their captors.

According to Daily Mail, he said they were embarrassed to return home because they were forced to marry extremists and have their babies.

Bitrus, who was involved in the negotiations for the release of the girls said they were comfortable with their current location.

According to Bitrus, the abducted girls told their parents that they were separated into two groups when they were kidnapped and were forced into embracing Islam, or becoming their slaves.

They were reported to have been used as domestic workers and porters but were not sexually abused.

 That group contain the 21 who were released last week and the 83 who the government are negotiating over.

However, the chairman suggested that the 21 girls who were released last week may have to study outside the country because of the stigma the abduction might have caused in their lives.

Bitrus who said according to the girls, six girls died during their 30-month captivity added that even girls who escaped two years ago were being educated in the United States.

 

Loading...

About

Facebook Comments