Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Thousands of local government workers stage MASSIVE protest in Lagos
- GOOD NEWS! Ahead of UTME, JAMB reduces exam hours
- Why NASS could override Buhari if he rejects peace corps bill – Dogara warns
- Governor Aregbesola opens up on Ile-Ife crisis, says it’s not an inter-ethnic conflict
- JUST IN: Naira sustains gain against Dollar as CBN slashes BDC rate
Six of the eight Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members of the Lagos State House of Assembly on Thursday announced their defection to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
The lawmakers spoke after the Acting Clerk of the House, Azeez Sanni, read a letter dated February 16 and signed by the defectors, indicating that they had decided to join the APC.
In the letter, the lawmakers said they were taking the step due to the division and infighting which had factionalised their party.
The lawmakers include Akeem Bello (Amuwo Odofin II) who was Minority Leader and the Minority Whip, Mosunmola Sangodara (Surulere II).
Others are Jude Idimogu (Oshodi/Isolo II), Dayo Famakinwa (Ajeromi Ifelodun II), Oluwa Fatai (Ajeromi/Ifelodun I) and Olusola Sokunle (Oshodi/Isolo I).
Only two members – Victor Akande (Ojo I) and Dipo Olorunrinu (Amuwo-Odofin I) are now in the opposition.
The Speaker, Mudashiru Obasa, welcomed the lawmakers to APC commending them for their decision.