- ticket title
- Many killed as police, miners clash in Taraba
- Wike’s like one of my sons – Amaechi
- Buhari’s Overseas Medicare Shows Inequality In Nigeria – Falana Says
- Boko Haram Supremacy Battle – Shekau Loses Grounds to Albarnawi Faction
- 2019: I have no intention of replacing Osinabajo as Buhari’s running mate
Six of the eight Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members of the Lagos State House of Assembly on Thursday announced their defection to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
The lawmakers spoke after the Acting Clerk of the House, Azeez Sanni, read a letter dated February 16 and signed by the defectors, indicating that they had decided to join the APC.
In the letter, the lawmakers said they were taking the step due to the division and infighting which had factionalised their party.
The lawmakers include Akeem Bello (Amuwo Odofin II) who was Minority Leader and the Minority Whip, Mosunmola Sangodara (Surulere II).
Others are Jude Idimogu (Oshodi/Isolo II), Dayo Famakinwa (Ajeromi Ifelodun II), Oluwa Fatai (Ajeromi/Ifelodun I) and Olusola Sokunle (Oshodi/Isolo I).
Only two members – Victor Akande (Ojo I) and Dipo Olorunrinu (Amuwo-Odofin I) are now in the opposition.
The Speaker, Mudashiru Obasa, welcomed the lawmakers to APC commending them for their decision.