- ticket title
- Many killed as police, miners clash in Taraba
- Wike’s like one of my sons – Amaechi
- Buhari’s Overseas Medicare Shows Inequality In Nigeria – Falana Says
- Boko Haram Supremacy Battle – Shekau Loses Grounds to Albarnawi Faction
- 2019: I have no intention of replacing Osinabajo as Buhari’s running mate
Health benefits of snail meat are known very well. It is a very delicious delicacy. Snail meat is a highly popular dish of Nigerian cuisine. What are the main benefits of eating snails? Continue reading the article to know more details.
Not all snails can be eaten. In Nigeria, snail meat is often used for cooking various sauces, stew, and soups. In Ancient Greece, for example, snails were a traditional food, affordable even for poor people.
Can a pregnant woman eat a snail meat? Of course, she can. Snail meat is very soft and easily digestible. It is a dietary product, that be safely used by those people who are on a diet. Health benefits of snail during pregnancy cannot be overestimated. This meat contains plenty of useful minerals, which pregnant women need very much.
Nutritional value of snail
- There are plenty of calories in snails. Snail meat consists of protein. Moreover, it has no bad cholesterol. That is why snails are so useful.
- Snail meat contains plenty of calcium, iron, and magnesium. Therefore, this meat is prescribed to those people who has not enough calcium balance in the body.
- Snail meat helps to restore and strengthen bone-cartilaginous tissues.
- Snail meat is a powerful aphrodisiac. It has a beneficial effect on male potency and female libido.
- Snail meat is very useful for those who suffer from atherosclerosis and liver diseases.
- Slime of snails contains a natural component that can regenerate cells. Therefore, it is actively used in cosmetology and medicine.
How to cook snails?
Plenty of our people are interested in how to cook Nigerian snails. Now we are giving a special recipe for cooking snails.
One of the most popular dishes in Nigerian restaurants is Peppered Snails. It is not difficult to cook Peppered Snails.
The hardest work is to clean the snails. When you have finished with it, the rest of the preparation is very easy.
To cook Peppered Snails, you will need:
- Twelve medium snails;
- Five habanero peppers;
- Five-six plum tomatoes;
- Two onions;
- One big stock cube;
- One tablespoon of vegetable oil.
In the video below, you will find a detailed recipe of cooking Peppered Snails.
Health benefits of snail meat are proven. This product contains many useful vitamins. Snails are used not only in food but also in cosmetology and pharmacology.