Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- APC: Political party constitutes committee on restructuring
- Senator pledges to work with disbanded reconciliation committee members
- Minister advocates use of quality, standard materials in mounting road signage
- You have no power to ban ASUU, NLC tells Kogi governor
- Dino Melaye: INEC asks court to vacate order stopping Senator’s recall
Senators from the Southeast region have called on the Federal Government to investigate the recent report by the Amnesty International accusing the military of killing 150 agitators of the actualization of Biafra Republic.
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe (PDP, Abia-Central), who is the chairman of the southeast caucus made this call in a statement, in Abuja, on Thursday.
“It is not enough for the Nigeria military to debunk the report; we, as a caucus, demand an independent inquiry in the mold of a judicial panel and urgently too.
“It is our candid view that such a panel would reassure the Igbo that the Federal Government is alive to its responsibilities, one of which is the protection and respect of the fundamental rights of all people irrespective of tribe or religion.