Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- The Senate And Theft Of Nigerian Voices By Erasmus Ikhide
- We Are All Biafrans By OurMumuDonDo Movement
- Nnamdi Kanu Brainwashed My Brother; Says Man Whose Relation Was Killed In Clash
- APC to field professors in Enugu local council polls
- 70-yr-old man with 3 wives, 14 children arrested for defiling 7-yr-old orphan for 4 years
Senators from the Southeast region have called on the Federal Government to investigate the recent report by the Amnesty International accusing the military of killing 150 agitators of the actualization of Biafra Republic.
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe (PDP, Abia-Central), who is the chairman of the southeast caucus made this call in a statement, in Abuja, on Thursday.
“It is not enough for the Nigeria military to debunk the report; we, as a caucus, demand an independent inquiry in the mold of a judicial panel and urgently too.
“It is our candid view that such a panel would reassure the Igbo that the Federal Government is alive to its responsibilities, one of which is the protection and respect of the fundamental rights of all people irrespective of tribe or religion.