- ticket title
- Many killed as police, miners clash in Taraba
- Wike’s like one of my sons – Amaechi
- Buhari’s Overseas Medicare Shows Inequality In Nigeria – Falana Says
- Boko Haram Supremacy Battle – Shekau Loses Grounds to Albarnawi Faction
- 2019: I have no intention of replacing Osinabajo as Buhari’s running mate
The victorious Super Falcons have arrived in Lagos, after clinching a record 10th African Women’s Cup of Nations title in Cameroon.
Florence Omagbemi’s ladies beat the hosts 1-0, thanks to a second-half finish from Desire Oparanozie.
The Falcons who touched down at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport Sunday evening, are expected to meet with President Muhammadu Buhari.
Captain of the side, Rita Chikwelu, expressed her delight at the team’s victory.
“I think this is my best AWCON title so far, it evens feels like I have won the World Cup,” she said on arrival from Cameroon.
Oparanozie added that she was happy to have contributed to the team’s success.
“Of course I am happy to score in the final, we worked hard together as a team and our effort was crowned with success,” she said.