- ticket title
- Many killed as police, miners clash in Taraba
- Wike’s like one of my sons – Amaechi
- Buhari’s Overseas Medicare Shows Inequality In Nigeria – Falana Says
- Boko Haram Supremacy Battle – Shekau Loses Grounds to Albarnawi Faction
- 2019: I have no intention of replacing Osinabajo as Buhari’s running mate
– President Muhammadu Buhari recently led a high delegation of the APC to Ondo state to rally support for Oluwarotimi Akereolu
– But there are fears that the absence of some important figures like Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and governors from the south-west at the event could spell doom
Despite the presence of President Muhammadu Buhari and other top members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the grand rally of Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, the party’s candidate in the forthcoming Ondo election, the exercise was a flop, the Alliance for Democracy (AD) in the state has alleged.
The AD specifically described the mega rally as an ‘ignominious failure’.
The Tribune reports that the AD said this in a statement released by its secretary, Dr Sola Agboola.
According to Agboola, the crisis rocking the APC became obvious at the rally as chieftains of the party from the south-west and Edo state were absent.
He said the crisis in the APC was of advantage to the AD and Chief Olusola Oke, its candidate at the election.
“Because they were afraid of our own rally which witnessed an unprecedented crowd in the annals of politics in Ondo state, they decided to have a second bite by holding this rally only for their highly polarised party to be exposed again as party chieftains and public office holders loyal to APC national leader, Bola Tinubu, again shunned the mega rally of the APC candidate, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu, in Akure.
“Even the Information Minister, Alhaji Lai Mohammed and Ondo APC chairman, Mr Isaac Kekemeke, who sources said, made up their minds to attend the event at the last minute, looked more of strangers at the event, as the uniformed fabric (aso ebi) for the occasion was missing on them.
“One would have thought that they would have put their house in order before this event, to at least, save their face. But the reverse is the case; gutter language and arrant display of ignorance by speakers after speakers at the event even made a lot cower in disbelief.
“This, in his warped reasoning means that with his first degree, Akeredolu is more educated than even a PhD holder like Dr Olu Agunloye of the Social Democratic Party (SDP).
“Even, the Kano state governor, Abdulahi Umar Ganduje, also exhibited ignorance when he said Ondo state voted for PDP in the 2012 governorship election. That is the class of people who want to overrun Ondo state,” the statement said.