- ticket title
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
- Oyo Police Parade Serial Burglar, Robbers And Kidnappers (photos)
- Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku’s Intels – NPA
- Osinbajo Denies Approving NNPC Contracts
- IPOB: Lethal Weapons Recovered From Kanu’s Residence
No fewer than four schoolchildren and a middle-aged woman were Wednesday crushed to death at the popular mechanic village, off Effurun-Warri Road in Delta State.
The school children were reportedly trying to cross to the other side of the road when the truck ran them over at about 8am and in the process of trying to avoid the children, the driver swerved off the road and rammed the vehicle into a store, killing the woman.
As at the time of filing this report, the acting Police Public Relations Officer of the state command, DSP Andrew Animaka, could not be reached for comments but New Telegraph is reporting that the body of the deceased woman was tore into pieces while two of the children had their skulls ripped open.
A woman, who escaped death by the whiskers told the newspaper: “As soon as I noticed the speed with which the driver was coming, I decided to jump to the other side of my store; if not I would have been dead by now.”