Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Alleged certificate forgery: More trouble for Dino Melaye as FG begins investigation
- Caution your appointees now before they destroy our democracy, Fayose warns Buhari
- Governor Ortom names ex-aide as mastermind of Benue killings
- Buhari’s men in more troubles as Senate uncovers e-passport scam
- It is not depression, Ifa priests give real reason why Dr Allwell Orji jumped into Lagos Lagoon
– The White House team of President Donald Trump have removed the Spanish language from the website
– Checking for the Spanish content on the website returns an error message to web surfers
– Sean Spicer, Trump’s press secretary says they are still working on the website
No Spanish language page on the White House website
Will the Trump presidency make the White House website just for English language speakers?It is not immediately clear, but from the website his White House launched on Friday, January 20, all other languages have been removed.
During the Obama administration, the White House website had content in Spanish and English language.
But under Trump visiting the old White House website address for content ‘en Español’ brings you an error page.
According to Daily Mail, while speaking on the matter, the chairman and CEO of U.S. English, said that the Trump administration shouldn’t give Spanish-speakers any special dispensation.
Mauro Mujica said: “Maybe if they’re going to do it in Spanish, they should also use all 323 languages spoken in the United States, right? Why just one and not the other 322?”white house
Mujica also said: “While, we have no problem with it, the English-only White House website might only be temporary as the new administration comes up to speed.
“I would assume they’re deciding in how many languages they want to do it,’ he said, but ‘English is the de-facto official language of this country.’
“I know many of those people including the president, but nobody has asked us what they should do.”
Sean Spicer, who is the White House press secretary had this to say about the website:
“We are continuing to build out the website both in the issue areas and then that area.
“But we’ve got the IT folks working overtime right now to continue to get all of that up to speed. And trust me, it’s just going to take a little bit more time but we’re working piece-by-piece to get that done.”
Meanwhile, as Trump continues to make changes, reports suggest that the new administration has also deleted large swathes of Barack Obama’s pet policies from the White House website.
So far, some of the deleted phrases from the website includes: ‘LGBT’ (gay) rights and ‘climate change’.
Learn How to Design a Website/Blog in 3 Days