Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- APC: Political party constitutes committee on restructuring
- Senator pledges to work with disbanded reconciliation committee members
- Minister advocates use of quality, standard materials in mounting road signage
- You have no power to ban ASUU, NLC tells Kogi governor
- Dino Melaye: INEC asks court to vacate order stopping Senator’s recall
The Police in Adamawa has confirmed that the two Mobile Policemen declared missing on Sunday following an attack on three villages in Demsa local government area of the state have been found dead.
The Command’s spokesman, Othman Abubakar, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Yola that the men were found drowned in a river.
“They were found dead; drown in the river,” Othman said.
Othman, who did not give details, said the police was still hunting for the attackers and so far no arrest had been made.
NAN recalls that the police had on Sunday declared three Mobile Policemen dead with two missing along with four rifles following an attack by suspected herdsmen on Kwayine, Gidan Dadi and Karlahi villages of Demsa local government area.
The MOPOL were among those drafted to contain tension in the communities after clashes erupted following the killing of 47 cattle in the area.
The state Governor, Muhammad Bindow, had condemned the attack, which occurred less than 24-hour after a government delegation on peace building mission visited the area.
The governor in a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mallam Ahmad Sajoh, directed security agencies to deploy more personnel to the area.