Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Chief stripped, humiliated for disrespecting Oba of Benin [VIDEO]
- Buhari to work from home even after resumption
- Biafra? Ojukwu and I agreed Nigeria ‘must remain one and united’ – Buhari
- Buhari’s welcome speech failed to address ‘critical’ national issues – SDP
- President Buhari’s Broadcast Unifying – PPA
– Two Nigerians were arrested in India for drug trafficking
– They were detained with 50 grams of cocaine worth N1.2 million, from an apartment in Indiranagar where they lived.
– The travel documents of the accused were also seized by the Indian police for further investigations
A 32-year-old Nigerian, Nwite Sunday and 25-year-old Nduba Joseph have been arrested by the police in India for drug trafficking.
Daily Post reports that they were detained with 50 grams of cocaine worth N1.2 million, from an apartment in Indiranagar where they lived.
A joint commissioner, Ravindra Yadav, told The Hindu that the police force also took their travel documents from the accused for further investigations.
He said the suspect admitted that they used to get cocaine from a man identified as Ben from T.C. Palya, and sell it.
“The police have booked the duo under Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, and remanded them in judicial custody.
“Efforts are on to apprehend the fleeing suspect, Ben,” he added.
Barely two months ago, two Nigerians were arrested by police in India for reportedly dealing in drug trade.
According to report in India’s Mail Today, the duo of 23-year-old Kenneth Jideo and 27-year-old Obuneme Victor were arrested by police in Bengaluru for selling cocaine.
Both men, who were in Bengaluru on business visa, had reportedly started drug trade since the last six months, according to India police.
The duo reportedly confessed to the police that they got the drugs from Nigerian friends and police suspects the involvement of a gang from Goa in supplying cocaine to drug peddlers in Bengaluru.