Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Nigeria: Group Disowns ‘Prophet’ Over Prophecy Against Umahi
- Nigeria: No Election in Southeast Without Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu
- Fulani Herdsmen Beat A Lady In Her Farm In Delta, Break Her Hand (Pics)
- Kidnapper Evans Installed CCTV In His Houses. This Is Why
- Man And Woman Caught In Child Trafficking At Stop Abortion Junction, Asaba
Victims of herdsmen attacks from Agatu in Benue State have rejected the peace agreement brokered between them and Fulani herdsmen by the governors of Benue and Nasarawa states, to allow herdsmen to graze through Adapati Island to Bagana in Kogi state. The agitators, under the Forum of Victims of Herdsmen Attacks in Agatu and the … Continue reading Victims Seeks Annulment Of Agatu-Herdsmen Peace Agreements
The agitators, under the Forum of Victims of Herdsmen Attacks in Agatu and the Benue South Peace Network hinged their rejection of the peace agreement on the grounds that the deal lacks elements of genuine peace, reconciliation and rehabilitation.
The peace agreement reached in Makurdi by the governors, was signed by the Oche-Agatu and the Ardo Fulani, but the victims agitating for the nullification of the peace agreement say they were not carried along.
Part of the deal is to grant access to herdsmen to graze on the disputed Adapati Island through Odumagbo to Bagana, where Agatu fishermen also conduct their businesses.
But the Benue state government is refuting claims that the agreement was forced on the people of Agatu without due consultations.
It says the deal was reached to prevent bloodshed with the arrival of more herdsmen to the Benue valley.