Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Thousands of local government workers stage MASSIVE protest in Lagos
- GOOD NEWS! Ahead of UTME, JAMB reduces exam hours
- Why NASS could override Buhari if he rejects peace corps bill – Dogara warns
- Governor Aregbesola opens up on Ile-Ife crisis, says it’s not an inter-ethnic conflict
- JUST IN: Naira sustains gain against Dollar as CBN slashes BDC rate
The Nigerian military has said that the war against terrorist sect, Boko Haram has been won.
The comment was made by Acting Director, Defence Headquarters, Brig. Gen. Abubakar Rabe during an interview.
“The war on Boko Haram insurgency is over, I can assure you of that. We have won the war against the terrorists, but from this year, we will concentrate on post-conflict repairs in the Northeast; that is the next chapter in our history,” Rabe told The Nation.
“We will also intensify our mop-up operations against the remnants of the terrorists, we are focusing on eliminating them in their hideouts and we are warning members of the public, especially the communities in the Northeast and other parts, to be wary of fleeing Boko Haram terrorists and report them to security agencies. This is necessary because they are in disarray,” he added.
The military has been celebrating a victory over Boko Haram since it took over the sect’s notorious stronghold on Friday, December 23, 2017.