Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Igbos are being marginalized and this is evidence – Reno Omokri
- Osinbajo sends POWERFUL message to Jonathan’s former godfather on his 90th birthday
- See how Obasanjo, Osinbajo, others attended the #Biafra50 event in Abuja (photos)
- List of TOP 10 coldest countries in the world
- Sad! Lady who wedded in 2016 and foresaw her death in January 2017 finally DIES (photos)
The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, on Wednesday assured Nigerians that the commission would ensure free and fair rerun National Assembly election in Rivers State.
He said the commission would not be distracted by the various allegations being leveled against it by stakeholders in the state.
Yakubu spoke with State House correspondents shortly after President Muhammadu Buhari inaugurated six INEC national commissioners at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
He denied the allegation that members of the All Progressives Congress in the state were being recruited as returning officers for the election, saying adhoc staff were recruited from the University of Port Harcourt.
He also faulted the claim that some persons printing sensitive materials were arrested in the state.
Yakubu said although it was not the commission’s style to print sensitive electoral materials in the states where elections are being held, the commission had already asked security agencies to investigate the matter.
On security, the INEC boss said the commission was satisfied with the assurances it had received from security agencies on the election fixed for Saturday.