Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Nigeria: Group Disowns ‘Prophet’ Over Prophecy Against Umahi
- Nigeria: No Election in Southeast Without Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu
- Fulani Herdsmen Beat A Lady In Her Farm In Delta, Break Her Hand (Pics)
- Kidnapper Evans Installed CCTV In His Houses. This Is Why
- Man And Woman Caught In Child Trafficking At Stop Abortion Junction, Asaba
– The controversy surrounding Senator Dino Melaye’s certificate is still a trending topic in Nigeria
– The issue has however thrown up the controversial WAEC certificate of President Muhammadu Buhari
– Nigerians are now demanding for the president to produce his own certificate as the Senator Melaye’s issue rages on
Senator Dino Melaye is currently enmeshed in controversy after Sahara Reporters reported that he did not graduate from the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria as he claimed.
The issue has been a trending topic in Nigeria since last week, even though the senator representing Kogi west senatorial district has since denied the report.
Already, the management of ABU has said it would issue a statement to either confirm or deny Senator Dino Melaye’s claim of being a graduate of geography from the institution.
While the nation awaits, ABU’s confirmation, some Nigerians have channeled their focus on President Muhammadu Buhari, who is also involved in a missing certificate scandal.
Before the 2015 general elections, media reports had claimed that the president did not have a valid WAEC certificate.
The issue is now a major topic on Nigerian Twitter as many have compared Senator Melaye’s issue to that of the president.
13 SANs were stampeded into court to defend an amicable request for the President’s WAEC Certifcate yet the President condemns forgery?
President Buhari has no WAEC certificate
Not even photocopy or scanned copy https://twitter.com/EzraelAni/status/844281441102061569 …
You people are forgetting Buhari’s WAEC certificate matter o! https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/844397801488502785 …
Meanwhile, the Nigerian Senate has kicked off an investigation into whether Senate President Bukola Saraki and Senator Dino Melaye have abused their privileges as lawmakers in the Upper chamber.
While the Senate is investigating Saraki over claims that he allegedly used his office to seek revenge against Nigeria Customs Service boss Hameed Ali, Melaye is being investigated over claims that he may have forged the certificate with which he ran for the legislative seat.