Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- JUST IN: Buhari’s aide exposes Senate again, reveals how legislators push civil servants into corruption
- Buhari practices the worst form of corruption, says Reno Omokri
- My reputation is at stake, I’ll resign if Abuja Airport repair exceeds 6 weeks – Minister
- Melaye sings to shame his ‘enemies’ after ABU VC testified over certificate scandal (Video)
- APC governor diverts N500 million from Paris-club loan refund to re-pay personal loan
A member of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Board of Trustees, BoT, Chief Shuaib Oyedokun, says President Muhammadu Buhari’s anti-graft agency cannot succeed because “he is using corruption to fight corruption.”
This is coming at a time Buhari claimed that some corrupt individuals were using proceeds of their loots to fight him.
Reacting to Buhari’s comment, Oyedokun said the President has admitted failure of his anti-graft agency.
Speaking with the Punch, the PDP BoT member said, “If the President, who is fighting corruption, suddenly discovers that people who have stolen are using the proceeds of corruption to fight him, I think it is an admission of failure. Corruption cannot be fought with corruption.
“The President must be able to fish out those fighting him with corruption and ensure they are tried. There are allegations of corruption among those that surround the President and his party members.
“He (Buhari) won’t succeed because he is using corruption to fight corruption. When someone loses a horse and he unknowingly tells the person that stole the horse to help him find the horse, would the owner ever find the horse?.”