- ticket title
- Lagos Police uncover child trafficking camp in Lagos
- Nnamdi Kanu’s mysterious disappearance poses troubling questions
- Boko Haram: Army chief, Buratai sends strong warning to insurgents
- We’ll soon completely decimate Boko Haram, militants in N-Delta — CAS
- End erratic power supply in 2018 – Group tells Buhari
– The Defence Headquarters on Wednesday, March 15, gave reasons why soldiers deployed to the North-East to fight Boko Haram terrorists usually run away
– The new DHQ spokesperson John Eneche said initial withdrawal by troops were due to strong media propaganda used by the terrorists
– Eneche said the propaganda portrayed the terrorists as winning the war against the military
The Defence Headquarters on Wednesday, March 15, gave reasons why soldiers deployed to the North-East to fight Boko Haram terrorists usually run away.
Speaking in Abuja, the new DHQ spokesperson John Eneche said initial withdrawal by troops were due to strong media propaganda used by the terrorists.
Eneche, a major general said the propaganda portrayed the terrorists as winning the war against the military.
He further urged the Nigerian media to work with the military to ensure that the terrorists operating in the North-East are eradicated.
“Times were even there where people who were armed refused to go to combat because of propaganda or the capability of the enemy which may not be true. Where did it go out from? Of course, the media. ”
So, I want you to be conscious from now on that whatever you are doing matters in modern warfare.The media is another key altogether in the field of confrontation, in field of either to lose or win.
Eneche said it is important that journalists especially those report issue of defence use their profession to enhance peace in the country and globally.
“We should first of all look at what is our core national interest. It is to remain as a corporate Nigerian where peace and tranquility rein, where we can go about our businesses. I want to enjoin you that let us keep that as our focus first and foremost,” Eneche said.
“Your work can upturn this thing. But if we have that as as our focus particularly in our reportage, in our analysis of situation before getting the general public worldwide and locally to know, we can prevent some ugly situations,” he said.
“And for the military, our own is to protect the territorial integrity of this nation. Without being told, I would tell you that we are the backbone of the corporate existence of this country. I can confidently tell you that.
“So, I will tell you that what has caused others to disintegrate worldwide has happened here and we still remain intact, with the support of the military. Above all, the military we have now have total loyalty to the Federal Government of Nigeria.” Eneche added.