- ticket title
- Many killed as police, miners clash in Taraba
- Wike’s like one of my sons – Amaechi
- Buhari’s Overseas Medicare Shows Inequality In Nigeria – Falana Says
- Boko Haram Supremacy Battle – Shekau Loses Grounds to Albarnawi Faction
- 2019: I have no intention of replacing Osinabajo as Buhari’s running mate
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said it cannot declare Senator Isiaka Adeleke’s seat vacant, because the National Assembly has not informed it about his death.
The Administrative Secretary of INEC in Osun, Mr. Ademusire Emmanuel, stated this in Osogbo on Thursday, while addressing a press conference shortly after the official commencement of the continuous voters’ registration exercise.
He also confirmed that those to be registered now, would not be part of the by-election.
“Newly registered voters won’t be part of the by-election that would be conducted in Osun West Senatorial District to replace Senator Isiaka Adele.
“That election is for the 8th assembly and the voters register used for the election initially would be used for the by-
“I also need to tell you that INEC is not yet aware of the death of Senator Isiaka Adeleke because the commission has not been told officially. When we are informed, necessary process would be carried out and the bye-election would be conducted at the appropriate time,” he said.
Senator Adeleke passed on last Sunday.