Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- JUST IN: Buhari’s aide exposes Senate again, reveals how legislators push civil servants into corruption
- Buhari practices the worst form of corruption, says Reno Omokri
- My reputation is at stake, I’ll resign if Abuja Airport repair exceeds 6 weeks – Minister
- Melaye sings to shame his ‘enemies’ after ABU VC testified over certificate scandal (Video)
- APC governor diverts N500 million from Paris-club loan refund to re-pay personal loan
The Rector, Yaba College of Technology, Dr Margaret Ladipo, on Wednesday visited 13 students of the institution on admission at the College Medical Centre and the Military Hospital, Yaba.
The students were admitted following the fire accident in one of the college hostels in the early hours of yesterday.
YABATECH spokesman, Charles Oni, in a statement disclosed that the rector prayed for the students and gave them monetary gifts, among others.
Oni said that the rector reassured the students that the management was with them and would always be by their side in ensuring they return to their studies before the weekend.
It noted that: “Already, efforts are in top gear to redistribute the affected students into other available hostels pending the repair of the burnt two floors”, adding that students are being evacuated from the Bakassi hostel to allow for structural testing of the entire building.
The spokesperson said that Ladipo urged parents not to panic as their children were in safe hands, thanking God that no life was lost to the fire.